Home Current Normal Size Large Size High Contrast English Irish

Browsing by Author "Healy, Patrick"

Jump to: 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
or enter first few letters:   
Sort by: In order: Results/Page Authors/Record:
Showing results 21 to 40 of 204
PreviewIssue DateTitleAuthor(s)
wm_ESB Generating Station Leixlip 17.2.11.jpg.jpg1988 ESB Generating Station Leixlip 17.2.11: this 4MW station is part of the Turlough Hill group of stations and with Poolaphoca and Golden Falls are part of the Liffey scheme which was built between 1937 and 1949 to provide both increased power generation and water from the 5600 acre reservoir.Healy, Patrick
wm_Esker Church and Graveyard 17.2.49.jpg.jpg1988 Esker Church and Graveyard 17.2.49: the church, dedicated originally to St Finian was recorded as ruinous by the seventeenth century. Surrounding it are gravestones from the early eighteenth to the late nineteenth century with yew trees completing the scene.Healy, Patrick
wm_Facade of Presbyterian Church Lucan 17.2.32.jpg.jpg1988 Facade of Presbyterian Church Lucan 17.2.32: Located on Main Street, this gable fronted church was originally built in the later nineteenth century and was substantially rebuilt in 1988.Healy, Patrick
wm_Finnstown Castle 17.2.24.jpg.jpg1988 Finnstown Castle 17.2.24: the townland was earlier known as Fine's Town or Fyanstown either after the Dublin merchant family who owned land centred on the castle and house or one Finn of Cloncurry, brother of the bishop of Kildare who was granted land in the area in the thirteenth century. Joseph Brown inhabited it in 1622. Next the Nottingham and Kennedy families owned it until outcome of the Jacobite wars forced Christopher Kennedy and his son Thomas Kennedy into exile. The owner in 1837 was John Rorke, a Dublin solicitor. After that, from the 1860s, the Nash family of Cork owned Finnstown House until 1918. This family operated a mineral water and ginger beer business. Until the 1960s, the Crowley family owned the house and farmed the surrounding land. They in turn sold to the Keogh family and finally in 1986 it was sold to Nora and Eoin Hickey who opened the hotel the following year.Healy, Patrick
wm_Finnstown House 17.2.24.jpg.jpg1988 Finnstown House 17.2.24: the townland was earlier known as Fine's Town or Fyanstown either after the Dublin merchant family who owned land centred on the castle and house or one Finn of Cloncurry, brother of the bishop of Kildare who was granted land in the area in the thirteenth century. Joseph Brown inhabited it in 1622. Next the Nottingham and Kennedy families owned it until outcome of the Jacobite wars forced Christopher Kennedy and his son Thomas Kennedy into exile. The owner in 1837 was John Rorke, a Dublin solicitor. After that, from the 1860s, the Nash family of Cork owned Finnstown House until 1918. This family operated a mineral water and ginger beer business. Until the 1960s, the Crowley family owned the house and farmed the surrounding land. They in turn sold to the Keogh family and finally in 1986 it was sold to Nora and Eoin Hickey who opened the hotel the following year.Healy, Patrick
wm_Former Methodist Church 17.2.35.jpg.jpg1988 Former Methodist Church 17.2.35Healy, Patrick
wm_From Whitechurch Road_1.jpg.jpg1985 From Whitechurch Road_1Healy, Patrick
wm_From Whitechurch Road_2.jpg.jpg1985 From Whitechurch Road_2Healy, Patrick
wm_From Whitechurch Road_3.jpg.jpg1985 From Whitechurch Road_3Healy, Patrick
wm_Gates Railings Church of Ireland Rathfarnham 23.1.3.jpg.jpg1988 Gates Railings Church of Ireland Rathfarnham 23.1.3: remains of the previous Catholic church building with its medieval dedication to SS Peter and Paul can be found in the nearby graveyard. The present Anglican church which these gates serve, was completed in 1795 with extensions and renovations in 1821, 1852, 1889, 1994, 2001 and 2003.Healy, Patrick
wm_Gateway Bolton hall Ballyboden 23.1.20.jpg.jpg1988 Gateway Bolton hall Ballyboden 23.1.20: this detached five-bay, two storey Georgian house was built around 1818.Healy, Patrick
wm_Gateway St Endas harolds Grange 23.1.jpg.jpg1988 Gateway St Endas harolds Grange 23.1: the gateway probably dates from the construction of what originally was called the Hermitage in approximately 1780. Later from 1909 to 1932 Padraig Pearse's school St. Enda's was located here.Healy, Patrick
wm_Glassamucky St. Anne's Holy Well_2.jpg.jpg1988 Glassamucky St. Anne's Holy Well_1; Glassamucky St. Anne's Holy Well_2Healy, Patrick
wm_Glassavalaun St. Anne's Chapel and font.jpg.jpg1988 Glassavalaun St. Anne's Chapel and fontHealy, Patrick
wm_Glebe Esker Church Ruins 17.2.49.jpg.jpg1992 Glebe Esker Church Ruins 17.2.49: the church, dedicated originally to St Finian was recorded as ruinous by the seventeenth century. Surrounding it are gravestones from the early eighteenth to the late nineteenth century with yew trees completing the scene.Healy, Patrick
wm_Glebe Newcastle 22.1.3_2.jpg.jpg1988 Glebe Newcastle 22.1.3; Glebe Newcastle 22.1.3_1; Glebe Newcastle 22.1.3_2: constructed around 1720 with three bay, two storey extension one century later.Healy, Patrick
wm_Glebe Newcastle Medieval Church 22.1.6.jpg.jpg1988 Glebe Newcastle Medieval Church 22.1.6: this was described in a grant of Henry III in 1228 as the 'mother church of the King's manor of Newcastle' with dependant chapel in Colmanstown. One of the archdeacons of Glendalough depended upon altarages from Newcastle, Athgoe, Loughtown, and Colganstown and other revenues to a total of £46 10s at the time of the dissolution of St Patrick's Cathedral in 1547. Ruinous by the time of the Cromwellians wars, the present church was completed in 1788. Removed from the Archdeaconry of Glendalough in 1861, the church presently is part of the Anglican parish of Newcastle and Newtownmountkennedy with Calary. A chancel and vestry were added in 1821 and 1856, respectively.Healy, Patrick
wm_Glenarneen Brittas Dam Pond.jpg.jpg1988 Glenarneen Brittas Dam PondHealy, Patrick
7-Sep-2009 Glenasmole RoadsHealy, Patrick
wm_Grand Canal Gallanstown 1.2.181.jpg.jpg1988 Grand canal; Grand canal from Aylmer Bridge canal, towpaths, etc; Grand Canal Gallanstown 1.2.181Healy, Patrick
Showing results 21 to 40 of 204