Home Current Normal Size Large Size High Contrast English Irish

Browsing by Author "Healy, Patrick"

Jump to: 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
or enter first few letters:   
Sort by: In order: Results/Page Authors/Record:
Showing results 15 to 34 of 204
PreviewIssue DateTitleAuthor(s)
wm_Edmondstown cloth mill factory 25.2.13.jpg.jpg1987 Edmondstown cloth mill factory 25.2.13Healy, Patrick
wm_Edmonston Park 25.2.12_3.jpg.jpg1988 Edmondstown Park 25.2.12_3: this Georgian House was built around 1792.Healy, Patrick
wm_Edmonston Park 25.2.12_1.jpg.jpg1988 Edmonston Park 25.2.12_1: this Georgian House was built around 1792.Healy, Patrick
wm_Edmonston Park 25.2.12_2.jpg.jpg1988 Edmonston Park 25.2.12_2: this Georgian House was built around 1792.Healy, Patrick
wm_Enclosure and Alignments 1.2.253.jpg.jpg1988 Enclosure and Alignments 1.2.253Healy, Patrick
wm_Lodge House St Enda's 23.1.20.jpg.jpg1992 Entrance to Bolton HallHealy, Patrick
wm_ESB Generating Station Leixlip 17.2.11.jpg.jpg1988 ESB Generating Station Leixlip 17.2.11: this 4MW station is part of the Turlough Hill group of stations and with Poolaphoca and Golden Falls are part of the Liffey scheme which was built between 1937 and 1949 to provide both increased power generation and water from the 5600 acre reservoir.Healy, Patrick
wm_Esker Church and Graveyard 17.2.49.jpg.jpg1988 Esker Church and Graveyard 17.2.49: the church, dedicated originally to St Finian was recorded as ruinous by the seventeenth century. Surrounding it are gravestones from the early eighteenth to the late nineteenth century with yew trees completing the scene.Healy, Patrick
wm_Facade of Presbyterian Church Lucan 17.2.32.jpg.jpg1988 Facade of Presbyterian Church Lucan 17.2.32: Located on Main Street, this gable fronted church was originally built in the later nineteenth century and was substantially rebuilt in 1988.Healy, Patrick
wm_Finnstown Castle 17.2.24.jpg.jpg1988 Finnstown Castle 17.2.24: the townland was earlier known as Fine's Town or Fyanstown either after the Dublin merchant family who owned land centred on the castle and house or one Finn of Cloncurry, brother of the bishop of Kildare who was granted land in the area in the thirteenth century. Joseph Brown inhabited it in 1622. Next the Nottingham and Kennedy families owned it until outcome of the Jacobite wars forced Christopher Kennedy and his son Thomas Kennedy into exile. The owner in 1837 was John Rorke, a Dublin solicitor. After that, from the 1860s, the Nash family of Cork owned Finnstown House until 1918. This family operated a mineral water and ginger beer business. Until the 1960s, the Crowley family owned the house and farmed the surrounding land. They in turn sold to the Keogh family and finally in 1986 it was sold to Nora and Eoin Hickey who opened the hotel the following year.Healy, Patrick
wm_Finnstown House 17.2.24.jpg.jpg1988 Finnstown House 17.2.24: the townland was earlier known as Fine's Town or Fyanstown either after the Dublin merchant family who owned land centred on the castle and house or one Finn of Cloncurry, brother of the bishop of Kildare who was granted land in the area in the thirteenth century. Joseph Brown inhabited it in 1622. Next the Nottingham and Kennedy families owned it until outcome of the Jacobite wars forced Christopher Kennedy and his son Thomas Kennedy into exile. The owner in 1837 was John Rorke, a Dublin solicitor. After that, from the 1860s, the Nash family of Cork owned Finnstown House until 1918. This family operated a mineral water and ginger beer business. Until the 1960s, the Crowley family owned the house and farmed the surrounding land. They in turn sold to the Keogh family and finally in 1986 it was sold to Nora and Eoin Hickey who opened the hotel the following year.Healy, Patrick
wm_Former Methodist Church 17.2.35.jpg.jpg1988 Former Methodist Church 17.2.35Healy, Patrick
wm_From Whitechurch Road_1.jpg.jpg1985 From Whitechurch Road_1Healy, Patrick
wm_From Whitechurch Road_2.jpg.jpg1985 From Whitechurch Road_2Healy, Patrick
wm_From Whitechurch Road_3.jpg.jpg1985 From Whitechurch Road_3Healy, Patrick
wm_Gates Railings Church of Ireland Rathfarnham 23.1.3.jpg.jpg1988 Gates Railings Church of Ireland Rathfarnham 23.1.3: remains of the previous Catholic church building with its medieval dedication to SS Peter and Paul can be found in the nearby graveyard. The present Anglican church which these gates serve, was completed in 1795 with extensions and renovations in 1821, 1852, 1889, 1994, 2001 and 2003.Healy, Patrick
wm_Gateway Bolton hall Ballyboden 23.1.20.jpg.jpg1988 Gateway Bolton hall Ballyboden 23.1.20: this detached five-bay, two storey Georgian house was built around 1818.Healy, Patrick
wm_Gateway St Endas harolds Grange 23.1.jpg.jpg1988 Gateway St Endas harolds Grange 23.1: the gateway probably dates from the construction of what originally was called the Hermitage in approximately 1780. Later from 1909 to 1932 Padraig Pearse's school St. Enda's was located here.Healy, Patrick
wm_Glassamucky St. Anne's Holy Well_2.jpg.jpg1988 Glassamucky St. Anne's Holy Well_1; Glassamucky St. Anne's Holy Well_2Healy, Patrick
wm_Glassavalaun St. Anne's Chapel and font.jpg.jpg1988 Glassavalaun St. Anne's Chapel and fontHealy, Patrick
Showing results 15 to 34 of 204