Home Current Normal Size Large Size High Contrast English Irish

Browsing by Author "Healy, Patrick"

Jump to: 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
or enter first few letters:   
Sort by: In order: Results/Page Authors/Record:
Showing results 185 to 204 of 204
PreviewIssue DateTitleAuthor(s)
wm_Rose Cottage Palmerstown Lower 16.2.26.jpg.jpg1988 Rose Cottage Palmerstown Lower 16.2.26: This detached two storey house, now offices, was built as a house c 1840.Healy, Patrick
wm_Rose Lodge 16.2.26.jpg.jpg1988 Rose Lodge 16.2.26: Rose Cottage, Mill Lane, Palmerstown, two unnamed girls in foreground.Healy, Patrick
wm_Rose Cottage 16.2.26.jpg.jpg1992 Rosemount Cottage Palmerstown Lower 16.2.26: Rose Cottage, Mill Lane, Palmerstown.Healy, Patrick
wm_Royal Garter Stables 21.1.1.jpg.jpg1988 Royal Garter Stables 21.1.1: Browns Barn was until recently the premises of the now closed Brown's Barn Restaurant, and was originally stables for the Bianconi carriages.Healy, Patrick
wm_Ruins of Priory 23.1.2.jpg.jpg1988 Ruins of Priory 23.1.2: The remains of the Priory, John Philpot Curran's home is opposite the Hermitage, later Padraig Pearse's St Enda's school. It was originally named Holly Park, but when he purchased it, he renamed it the Priory, after a nickname of the Prior as head of his Order of St Patrick drinking club. He lived there for twenty seven years with his wife and cousin Sarah Creagh, but afer eight children she left him for Reverend Abraham Sandys. His daughter Sarah was briefly involved with Robert Emmet. Little remains of the house.Healy, Patrick
wm_Ruins of Priory 23.1.2.jpg.jpg1988 Ruins of Priory 23.1.2: The remains of the Priory, John Philpot Curran's home is opposite the Hermitage, later Padraig Pearse's St Enda's school. It was originally named Holly Park, but when he purchased it, he renamed it the Priory, after a nickname of the Prior as head of his Order of St Patrick drinking club. He lived there for twenty seven years with his wife and cousin Sarah Creagh, but afer eight children she left him for Reverend Abraham Sandys. His daughter Sarah was briefly involved with Robert Emmet. Little remains of the house.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart 21.2.4_1.jpg.jpg1987 Saggart 21.2.4_1: Saggart Graveyard. The Byrne Memorial, tomb of Edward Byrne, merchant, who died 1804, member of the Catholic Committee which petitioned George III for Catholic Relief, can be seen in the centre.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart 21.2.4_2.jpg.jpg1988 Saggart 21.2.4_2: Saggart Graveyard with the Byrne Memorial just visible to the right.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart 21.2.4_3.jpg.jpg1988 Saggart 21.2.4_3: Saggart Graveyard with recent interment in the centre.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart Church 21.2.5_1.jpg.jpg1992 Saggart Church 21.2.5_1: Saggart Parish church, Catholic, dedicated to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was consecrated 1849.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart Lodge 21.2.24_2.jpg.jpg1992 Saggart Lodge 21.2.24_2Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart Lodge 21.2.24.jpg.jpg1995 Saggart Lodge 21.2.24_2Healy, Patrick
wm_Scholarstown House Scholarstown Road.jpg.jpg1992 Scholarstown House Scholarstown Road: reputedly the original of this detached, three bay, two storey house was built in 1588 for the Adam Loftus, Anglican Archbishop of Dublin, builder of Rathfarnham Castle, and rebuilt after a 1909 fire.Healy, Patrick
wm_Somerton Finnstown 17.2.46.jpg.jpg1992 Somerton Finnstown: Somerton House is a late Georgian bungalow.Healy, Patrick
wm_Spawell House Barn 20.2.3.jpg.jpg1992 Spawell House 20.2.3 and Spawell House Barn 20.2.3: Spawell House was constructed in 1703 and was the premises of an Inn called 'The Domville Arms and Three Tuns.'It lies alongside the Tallaght Road, close to the Dodder River and is a less than a mile from Templeogue Village. It accommodated visitors to a chalybeate or ferruginous (containing iron salts) spa. Reportedly it lost its health giving properties by the mid-eighteenth century. Presently it is a farmhouse belonging to the Kennedy family, former owners of the adjacent Spawell Leisure Centre, where the spa water is available on tap.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Andrew's Church of Ireland 17.2.30.jpg.jpg1992 St Andrew's Church of Ireland 17.2.30: an Anglican church of the Leixlip and Lucan Union of Parishes was opened in 1823 on land donated by the architect James Gandon.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Bridgets Rathfarnham.jpg.jpg1992 St Bridget's Rathfarnham: Willbrook Road, detached three bay, two storey house with basement dating from around 1870.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Brigids Well Brideswell Commons Clondalkin 18.2.20_2.jpg.jpg1988 St Brigids Well Brideswell Commons Clondalkin 18.2.20 and St Brigids Well Brideswell Commons Clondalkin 18.2.20_2: St Bridget reputedly came to the monastery here and baptised pagans at the well on Boot Road. The present works dates from 1761. The railings were donated by workers at Clondalkin Paper mills in the 1940s. Processions to the well took place on 1st February, Feast Day of St Bridget. A rag dipped in the waters and wiped across the face was said to cure eye complaints. It was restored in 1995 by South Dublin County Council.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Colmcille's Well 20.1.jpg.jpg1992 St Colmcille's Well 20.1: Ballycullen Road, Ballyboden had the niche and statue added in 1914.Healy, Patrick
wm_Lodge House St Enda's 23.1.jpg.jpg1992 St Enda's Gate LodgeHealy, Patrick
Showing results 185 to 204 of 204