Home Current Normal Size Large Size High Contrast English Irish

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10599/9666

Title: Barrack and Queen's Bridges 1819
Authors: Petrie, George
Williams, Joe
Keywords: Barrack and Queen's Bridges
Issue Date: 1819
Publisher: Dublin Corporation Libraries postcard 1991.
Description: Postcard entitled Barrack and Queen's Bridges 1819 engraved by T. Barber from a G.Petrie drawing for " Excursions through Ireland." — By Thomas Cromwell. Source reference the Dublin Penny Journal Vol. 3, 27th June 1835 p.409. Barrack Bridge was built of wood in 1670 and became known as Bloody Bridge following the deaths of ferrymen who tried to destroy it. It is now replaced by Rory O'More Bridge joining Watling Street and Ellis Street.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10599/9666
Appears in Collections:Joe Williams Postcard Collection

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
wm_Barrack & Queens Bridge Dublin 1819..jpgGenerated Web Image3.52 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open

View Licence

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.