Browsing by Author Healy, Patrick

Jump to: 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
or enter first few letters:  
Showing results 188 to 204 of 204 < previous 
PreviewIssue DateTitleAuthor(s)
wm_Saggart 21.2.4_1.jpg.jpg1987Saggart 21.2.4_1: Saggart Graveyard. The Byrne Memorial, tomb of Edward Byrne, merchant, who died 1804, member of the Catholic Committee which petitioned George III for Catholic Relief, can be seen in the centre.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart 21.2.4_2.jpg.jpg1988Saggart 21.2.4_2: Saggart Graveyard with the Byrne Memorial just visible to the right.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart 21.2.4_3.jpg.jpg1988Saggart 21.2.4_3: Saggart Graveyard with recent interment in the centre.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart Church 21.2.5_1.jpg.jpg1992Saggart Church 21.2.5_1: Saggart Parish church, Catholic, dedicated to the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was consecrated 1849.Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart Lodge 21.2.24.jpg.jpg1995Saggart Lodge 21.2.24_2Healy, Patrick
wm_Saggart Lodge 21.2.24_2.jpg.jpg1992Saggart Lodge 21.2.24_2Healy, Patrick
wm_Scholarstown House Scholarstown Road.jpg.jpg1992Scholarstown House Scholarstown Road: reputedly the original of this detached, three bay, two storey house was built in 1588 for the Adam Loftus, Anglican Archbishop of Dublin, builder of Rathfarnham Castle, and rebuilt after a 1909 fire.Healy, Patrick
wm_Somerton Finnstown 17.2.46.jpg.jpg1992Somerton Finnstown: Somerton House is a late Georgian bungalow.Healy, Patrick
wm_Spawell House Barn 20.2.3.jpg.jpg1992Spawell House 20.2.3 and Spawell House Barn 20.2.3: Spawell House was constructed in 1703 and was the premises of an Inn called 'The Domville Arms and Three Tuns.'It lies alongside the Tallaght Road, close to the Dodder River and is a less than a mile from Templeogue Village. It accommodated visitors to a chalybeate or ferruginous (containing iron salts) spa. Reportedly it lost its health giving properties by the mid-eighteenth century. Presently it is a farmhouse belonging to the Kennedy family, former owners of the adjacent Spawell Leisure Centre, where the spa water is available on tap.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Andrew's Church of Ireland 17.2.30.jpg.jpg1992St Andrew's Church of Ireland 17.2.30: an Anglican church of the Leixlip and Lucan Union of Parishes was opened in 1823 on land donated by the architect James Gandon.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Bridgets Rathfarnham.jpg.jpg1992St Bridget's Rathfarnham: Willbrook Road, detached three bay, two storey house with basement dating from around 1870.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Brigids Well Brideswell Commons Clondalkin 18.2.20_2.jpg.jpg1988St Brigids Well Brideswell Commons Clondalkin 18.2.20 and St Brigids Well Brideswell Commons Clondalkin 18.2.20_2: St Bridget reputedly came to the monastery here and baptised pagans at the well on Boot Road. The present works dates from 1761. The railings were donated by workers at Clondalkin Paper mills in the 1940s. Processions to the well took place on 1st February, Feast Day of St Bridget. A rag dipped in the waters and wiped across the face was said to cure eye complaints. It was restored in 1995 by South Dublin County Council.Healy, Patrick
wm_St Colmcille's Well 20.1.jpg.jpg1992St Colmcille's Well 20.1: Ballycullen Road, Ballyboden had the niche and statue added in 1914.Healy, Patrick
wm_Lodge House St Enda's 23.1.jpg.jpg1992St Enda's Gate LodgeHealy, Patrick
wm_Gateway St Endas harolds Grange 23.1.jpg.jpg1988St Endas Harolds Grange GatewayHealy, Patrick
wm_House St. Endas Rathfarnham.jpg.jpg1992St. Endas RathfarnhamHealy, Patrick
wm_Canal towpath and lock 1.2.184.jpg.jpg1992View of the Grand Canal from Hazelhatch Bridge towards the southwest.Healy, Patrick