Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/10599/10040
Title: Sarah's Bridge over the River Liffey
Authors: Petrie, George
Williams, Joe
Keywords: Sarah's Bridge
renamed Islandbridge in 1922
Issue Date: 1828
Publisher: Dublin Corporation Libraries 1991
Description: Artists impression of the 32 metre single span road bridge at Islandbridge constructed in 1793 and originally named Sarah's Bridge after the wife of the Earl of Westmoreland. It was renamed Islandbridge in 1922. Part of the Wellington Monument, which was commenced in 1817 and not completed until 1861 can be seen to the left of the postcard. Men can be seen fishing in the river with ladies observing the proceedings on the river bank.
URI: https://hdl.handle.net/10599/10040
Appears in Collections:Joe Williams Postcard Collection
Published Items

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_Sarah's Bridge Liffey 1828 by George Petrie - Dublin Corporation Libraries 1991.jpgGenerated Web Image3.82 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open


This item is protected by original copyright



Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.