Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/10599/10649
Title: South Dublin Village Walks - Clondalkin Stop 07: Presentation Convent
Authors: South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies
Keywords: South Dublin Village Walks
Clondalkin
Presentation Convent
Issue Date: 2-Sep-2013
Description: South Dublin Village Walks - Clondalkin Stop 7: Presentation Convent. With A legacy left to him by Ann Francis Caldbeck, the local Priest, Fr. John Moore built a convent in the Gothic style. On 8th September 1857, Presentation Nuns arrived in Clondalkin and opened a school for girls. In 1863 the Church of the Immaculate Conception was opened beside the convent.
URI: https://hdl.handle.net/10599/10649
Appears in Collections:Published Items
South Dublin Heritage Walks Collection

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Step8_Pres_Convent.mp31.01 MBUnknownView/Open
wm_Convent1.jpgGenerated Web Image213.77 kBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_Convent2.jpgGenerated Web Image166.87 kBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open


This item is protected by original copyright



Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.