Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: South Dublin Village Walks - Tallaght Step 15: Dominican Church.
Authors: South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies
Keywords: South Dublin Village Walks
Dominican Church
Issue Date: 5-Sep-2013
Description: South Dublin Village Walks - Tallaght Step 15: Dominican Church. The oldest section at the back was built in 1882 in the Gothic style and is known as the Father Burke Memorial Church. Father Burke was a famous 19th century Dominican preacher. The modern extension was added in 1969 to cater for Tallaght’s growing population and won an architectural award for the sympathetic way it was incorporated into the older building. It was named for the Dominican Cardinal Michael Brown. The gothic main door of the older church is flanked by two carved monks heads. The one on the right is a representation of Father Burke.
Copyright: South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies
Appears in Collections:Published Items
South Dublin Heritage Walks Collection

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Stop18_FrBurkeMemorialChurch.mp3Heritage Walk Audio1.07 MBUnknownView/Open
wm_16_dominicanChurch1.jpgGenerated Web Image106.6 kBJPEGThumbnail
wm_16_dominicanChurch2.jpgGenerated Web Image114.58 kBJPEGThumbnail
wm_16_dominicanChurch3.jpgGenerated Web Image219.15 kBJPEGThumbnail
wm_16_dominicanChurch4.jpgGenerated Web Image122.6 kBJPEGThumbnail
wm_16_dominicanChurch5.jpgGenerated Web Image202.33 kBJPEGThumbnail

This item is protected by original copyright

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.