Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/10599/10744
Title: South Dublin Village Walks - Lucan Step 16 St. Andrew's Church and Lodge
Authors: South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies
Photography: Rocshot.com/Rob O'Connor.
Keywords: South Dublin Village Walks
Lucan
St. Andrew's Church
St. Andrew's Lodge
Issue Date: 27-Sep-2013
Description: South Dublin Village Walks - Lucan Step 16 St. Andrew's Church and Lodge. A circular plaque on the façade of the castellated building alludes to its original use “Lucan Parish School”. It was built in 1827. The former school’s Gothic appearance presents a pleasant visual echo of the church opposite; St. Andrew’s Church. Built in 1823 in the Gothic Revival style, St. Andrew’s is reputed to have been based on a design by James Gandon who owned the land on which it is built.
URI: https://hdl.handle.net/10599/10744
Appears in Collections:Published Items
South Dublin Heritage Walks Collection

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_Andrew's Church 2.jpgGenerated Web Image1.5 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_Andrew's Church 3.jpgGenerated Web Image1.19 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_Andrew's Church.jpgGenerated Web Image834.53 kBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_St Andrews Lodge.jpgGenerated Web Image2.27 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_St Andrews Lodge 2.jpgGenerated Web Image1.77 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_St Andrews Lodge 3.jpgGenerated Web Image1.73 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_St Andrews Lodge 4.jpgGenerated Web Image1.04 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
wm_St Andrews Lodge 5.jpgGenerated Web Image2.04 MBJPEGThumbnail
View/Open
lucan_Step16_StAndrewsLodgeandChurch.mp3Heritage Walk Audio1.53 MBUnknownView/Open


This item is protected by original copyright



Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.