Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||South Dublin Village Walks - Lucan Step 19: Hill’s Mills|
|Authors:||South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies|
Photography: Rocshot.com/Rob O'Connor.
|Keywords:||South Dublin Village Walks|
|Description:||South Dublin Village Walks - Lucan Step 19: Hill’s Mills. In 1863, Mr. William Strangman Hill bought the iron mill and set up a textile mill in its place. This factory continued making tweeds and other fabrics until 1988, when the factory was closed down. It is now an industrial estate with many small businesses. At one time there were over 170 people working in the factory weaving, spinning, dyeing, pressing and rolling to produce high quality cloth.|
|Appears in Collections:||Published Items|
South Dublin Heritage Walks Collection
Files in This Item:
|wm_Hill's Mill Chimney.jpg||Generated Web Image||1.81 MB||JPEG|
|lucan_Step19_HillsMills.mp3||Heritage Walk Audio||1.17 MB||Unknown||View/Open|
This item is protected by original copyright
Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.