Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||South Dublin Village Walks - Templeogue Step 11: Cypress Grove House|
|Authors:||South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies|
Photography: Rocshot.com/Rob O'Connor.
|Keywords:||South Dublin Village Walks|
Cypress Grove House
|Description:||South Dublin Village Walks - Templeogue Step 11: Cypress Grove House. Cypress Grove House was built in the first half of the 18th century by a Mr. Paine – it later became the residence of Sir William Cooper, Master in Chancery and Member of Parliament. He died here in 1761. It was next occupied by the Countess of Clanbrassil from whom it passed to her grandson Viscount Jocelyn. The house was later occupied by the Orrs, who were merchants; the Duffys who had a print works in Ballsbridge; and Mr. Charles King. From 1908 to 1925 the house was occupied by Mr. G.H. Stepney who changed the name of the house to ‘Alberta’, but it was changed back to the original ‘Cypress Grove’ by the next owner, Patrick Walshe. The house is now owned by the White Father Missionaries of Africa and is maintained in good condition. Three of the original cypress trees still stand to the east of the house.|
|Appears in Collections:||Published Items|
South Dublin Heritage Walks Collection
Files in This Item:
|wm_Templeogue_300dpi-25.jpg||Generated Web Image||505.07 kB||JPEG|
|wm_Templeogue_300dpi-26.jpg||Generated Web Image||556.6 kB||JPEG|
|wm_Templeogue_300dpi-27.jpg||Generated Web Image||679.46 kB||JPEG|
|Stop11_CypressGrove.mp3||Heritage Walk Audio||2.66 MB||Unknown||View/Open|
This item is protected by original copyright
Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.