Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: South Dublin Village Walks - Saggart Step 3: Church of the Nativity
Authors: South Dublin Libraries - Local Studies
Photography: O'Connor.
Keywords: South Dublin Village Walks
Church of the Nativity
Issue Date: 27-Sep-2013
Description: South Dublin Village Walks - Saggart Step 3: Church of the Nativity. Work began in 1844 on the foundations of the church, the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Work on the structure began in 1847, and the dedication of the church took place on 19th August 1849, carried out by the Archbishop of Dublin, Dr Murray; The church was rendered in Wicklow granite in the gothic style popular at the time. Within the church is a plaque to Fr Andrew Hart, who ministered to Saggart’s Catholic population during the harsh penal times of the early 19th century
Appears in Collections:Published Items
South Dublin Heritage Walks Collection

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_Saggart_300dpi-3.jpgGenerated Web Image715.04 kBJPEGThumbnail
wm_Saggart_300dpi-4.jpgGenerated Web Image617.6 kBJPEGThumbnail
Step3_Saggart_Church.mp3Heritage Walk Audio2.31 MBUnknownView/Open

This item is protected by original copyright

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.