Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.otherNational Inventory of Architectural Heritageen_IE
dc.coverage.temporal1800en_IE with kind permission of the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government. South Dublin Libraries do not own the reproduction rights to this image. If you wish to reproduce this image see contact details at http://www.buildingsofireland.ieen_IE
dc.descriptionDetached five-bay three-storey former country house, c.1800, with full-height canted entrance bay. Now in use as offices. Coursed rubble stone walls, originally rendered, with ashlar quoins. Timber casement windows with flat brick or stone arches and stone sills. Panelled timber doors with cut stone doric pilasters, fanlight and pediment. Hipped artificial slate roofs with two stone chimney stacks. Cast-iron gates with late twentieth-century cut stone piers having reused original frieze blocks with swags.en_IE
dc.publisherDepartment of the Environment, Heritage and Local Governmenten_IE
dc.relationNational Inventory of Architectural Heritage ID: 11208010en_IE
dc.subjectThree-storey former country houseen_IE
dc.subjectFull-height canted entrance bayen_IE
dc.subjectCoursed rubble stone wallsen_IE
dc.subjectStripped renderen_IE
dc.subjectAshlar quoinsen_IE
dc.subjectTimber casement windowsen_IE
dc.subjectStone archesen_IE
dc.subjectStone sillsen_IE
dc.subjectCut stone doric pilastersen_IE
dc.subjectFanlight and pedimenten_IE
dc.subjectCut stone piers with reused original frieze blocks with swagsen_IE
dc.titleCastle Bagot House, Milltown, South Dublin Countyen_IE
Appears in Collections:National Inventory of Architectural Heritage Collection
Published Items

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_11208010_1.jpgGenerated Web Image473.23 kBJPEGThumbnail

This item is protected by original copyright

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.