Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Full metadata record
DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.otherNational Inventory of Architectural Heritageen_IE
dc.coverage.temporal1863en_IE with kind permission of the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government. South Dublin Libraries do not own the reproduction rights to this image. If you wish to reproduce this image see contact details at http://www.buildingsofireland.ieen_IE
dc.descriptionDetached multiple-bay three-storey with attic Gothic Revival priory, built 1863, on L-plan. Internal court to east, single-storey wing to north. Ashlar walls with pointed, segmental- and flat-headed window openings housing timber sash windows. Gabled dormers with carved bargeboards to pitched slate roof having stone chimney stacks. Medieval five-stage tower of Tallaght Castle incorporated into priory fabric at junction of wings. Detached three-storey over arcaded basement modern retreat centre to east. Chapel later addition.en_IE
dc.publisherDepartment of the Environment, Heritage and Local Governmenten_IE
dc.relationNational Inventory of Architectural Heritage ID: 11215001en_IE
dc.subjectGothic revival Prioryen_IE
dc.subjectInternal courten_IE
dc.subjectAshlar wallsen_IE
dc.subjectpointed, segmental-headed and flat-headed window openingsen_IE
dc.subjecttimber sash windowsen_IE
dc.subjectGabled dormer windowsen_IE
dc.subjectTallaght Castle toweren_IE
dc.subjectretreat centreen_IE
dc.subjectFormer Archbishop's residenceen_IE
dc.subjectJ.J. McCarthyen_IE
dc.titleSt Mary's Dominican Priory, Main Street, Greenhills Road, Dublin, South Dublin Countyen_IE
Appears in Collections:National Inventory of Architectural Heritage Collection
Published Items

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_11215001_1.jpgGenerated Web Image477.86 kBJPEGThumbnail

This item is protected by original copyright

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.