Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Carmelite Monastery of the Assumption, Firhouse Road, Dublin, South Dublin
Authors: National Inventory of Architectural Heritage
Keywords: single-storey former school
Dressed stone coping
convent accommodation
timber casement windows
lancet openings with red brick dressings
coursed rubble wall
truncated gable finials
former stable buildings
Tymon South
Issue Date: 1-Jan-2002
Publisher: Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government
Description: Detached three-bay single-storey former school, c.1868, now used as convent accommodation. Timber door and timber casement windows in lancet openings with red brick dressings, in coursed rubble wall. Dressed stone coping and kneelers, truncated gable finials. Gable end façades each with three lancets. Pitched slate roof with various rooflights inserted. Adjoining two-storey former stable buildings to south-west, converted to convent use. Cut stone gate piers.
Appears in Collections:National Inventory of Architectural Heritage Collection
Published Items

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_11215014_1.jpgGenerated Web Image483.73 kBJPEGThumbnail

This item is protected by original copyright

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.