Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Description:||Lucan House 17.1.1_2: this seven bay two storey over basement country house was built in the late eighteenth century, when Agmonisham Vesey cleared the previous residence and commence construction in 1772. The architecture is in part the work of Agmondisham and also William Chambers with Michael Stapleton responsible for the plasterwork. The Estate passed through the Sarsfield, Vesey and Colthurst families through marriage and in 1954 became residence of the Italian Ambassador. The remainder of the Estate land is now Liffey Valley Park.|
|Appears in Collections:||Published Items|
South Dublin Libraries Images
Files in This Item:
|wm_Lucan House 17.1.1_2.jpg||Generated Web Image||867.06 kB||JPEG|
This item is protected by original copyright
Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.