Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
Title: Kimmage Manor staircase
Authors: Healy, Patrick
Keywords: Kimmage Manor
Holy Ghost Fathers
Sir Frederick Shaw
Recorder Road
Bothair an Racadair
Issue Date: 1988
Description: Kimmage Manor staircase 19.2.2: Kimmage Manor was built sometime around 1890 by Sir Frederick Shaw, Recorder of Dublin from 1830, after whom Whitehall Road was once named, Recorder's Road, or Bothair an Racadair, still the modern name in Irish of the road. Sir Frederick Shaw died in 1876 and his son, the 4th Baronet, moved to Bushy Park House leasing the house to Erskine Chetwode for twenty one years. On its expiry in 1898 Mrs Mary Clayton leased the house in perpetuity. She sold up in 1911 to the Irish Province of the Holy Ghost Order. Extensions were added in 1914 and 1929 and the church was opened as a chapel of ease to Crumlin Parish in 1938. This now serves as a parish church to the more recent Kimmage parish. The original entrance was possibly along a lane that stretched as far as Presentation Convent Terenure, now Greenlea Road.
Appears in Collections:Published Items
South Dublin Libraries Images

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
wm_kimmage Manor Staircase19.2.2.jpgGenerated Web Image1.01 MBJPEGThumbnail

This item is protected by original copyright

Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.