Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Description:||Kilmahuddrick Church 18.2.5: this fifteenth century church belonged to the monks of the Abbey of the Blessed Virgin Mary, dissolved 1539, and was dedicated to St Cuthbert of Lindisfarne. It comprises nave and chancel with a broad arch. An early mention of the church comes in 1186 when one Master Osbertus of Clondalkin gives to the monks the lands of Balichelmer with the chapel and tithes there. After the dissolution of the monastery, the church and the parish of Newgrange was united to the Anglican parishes of Clondalkin and later Tallaght.|
|Appears in Collections:||Published Items|
South Dublin Libraries Images
Files in This Item:
|wm_Kilmaheddrick Church 18.2.5.jpg||Generated Web Image||1.28 MB||JPEG|
This item is protected by original copyright
Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.