Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||O'Connell Bridge and Sackville Street Dublin|
|Description:||Colourised postcard of O'Connell Bridge and Sackville Street Dublin, renamed O'Connell Street in 1924 in honour of Daniel O'Connell whose statue can be seen in the foreground facing the bridge. The 41 metre high Nelson's Pillar in honour of the victor of the Battle of Trafalgar was erected in 1809 and destroyed by a bomb in 1966. Most of the Dublin city and suburban tramway system radiated from Sackville Street and the overhead electric power lines are visible, as is the Waverly Hotel.|
|Appears in Collections:||Joe Williams Postcard Collection|
Files in This Item:
|wm_O'Connell Bridge & Sackville St. Tucks Postcard c.1909.jpg||Generated Web Image||1.76 MB||JPEG|
This item is protected by original copyright
Items in Source are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.